There are 21 assisted living facilities serving Gladwin, Michigan. This includes 5 facilities in Gladwin and 16 nearby. The daily costs for assisted living in Michigan range from $25 to $262, with a mean expenditure running about $107. The per month expense averages about $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On a yearly basis, the average cost is around $38,400, which is under the national average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Gladwin, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Gladwin scores significantly lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Gladwin scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Midmichigan Medical Center-gladwin).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gladwin Nursing and Rehabilitation Community, Heavenly Homestead Adult Foster Care, LLC, and The Brook of Gladwin.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (41% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeside Golf Course, Gladwin Heights Golf Course, and Sugar Springs Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (River Valley RV Park).
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,710, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,040, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,165, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.67%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Gladwin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Gladwin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Gladwin has a very sparse population density of 46.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gladwin have an average daily commute time.
- Gladwin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.30%.
Gladwin is a small city in Michigan. It is located within Gladwin County. While the encompassing statistical area is home to 1,454,781 inhabitants, there are 15,810 living inside the city itself. The 55+ community makes up approximately 41% of the total population.
Gladwin has a medium SeniorScore™ of 63. The city has a mean per capita income of $21,000 and a mean household income is $38,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The current unemployment rate is about 13.67% and the average housing price is $156,000, which is somewhat lower than the Michigan average of $177,000.
Gladwin has extreme mean temperatures, with severely cold winters and calm summers. The area receives low levels of rain each year. Gladwin has above average air quality and an average crime rate in comparison to other cities.