Assisted Living in Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
There are 0 assisted living facilities in Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania. The mean cost per day for assisted living in Pennsylvania is around $109, with costs running between $31 and $256 daily. On a per month basis, this equates to a mean expense of $3,280, with costs ranging from about $925 to $7,677. The mean annual cost is $39,360, which is under the nationwide average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Hunlock Creek, PA typically ranges from about $1,365 per month all the way up to $5,220 per month. The average cost is around $3,000 per month, or around $36,000 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
- Hunlock Creek scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hunlock Creek scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Special Care Hospital and Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fern Wood Manor, Guardian Elder Care Center, and Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 117 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Jean\'s Run Golf Course, Huntsville Golf Club, and Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Kirby Park, Council Cup Campground, and Red Rock Mountain Campground.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Five Mountain United Methodist, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, and St Mary\'s Rc Church Rectory.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,437, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,274, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,650, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hunlock Creek receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Hunlock Creek has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hunlock Creek has a sparse population density of 140.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hunlock Creek have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Hunlock Creek has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.25%.
Hunlock Creek is a small city in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. It is included in the Scranton--Wilkes-Barre metropolitan area. While the city itself includes 6,248 inhabitants, the encompassing metropolitan area includes a population of 447,866. Those who are 55 and over constitute about 27% of the total population.
Hunlock Creek has a good SeniorScore™ of 77. The city's average household income is $48,000 ($20,000 per person), versus the average of $51,000 for the whole of Pennsylvania. The average home price in Hunlock Creek is $186,000, which is less than the state average of $213,000. The city also has an average unemployment rate of roughly 6.03%.
Hunlock Creek has extreme mean temperatures, with tolerable winters and calm summers. The area gets low amounts of rainfall each year. Hunlock Creek has good air quality in comparison to other cities in the US.