There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Johnson City, New York. This includes 3 facilities in Johnson City and 17 nearby. Assisted living costs in New York range from about $41 to $347 daily, with a median cost running around $123. The per month expense averages around $3,684 and ranges between $1,217 and $10,413. Annually, the mean cost is about $44,205, which is higher than the US average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Johnson City, NY typically range from about $3,105 per month to $11,100 per month, with an average cost of around $4,500 per month. This equates to an annual cost of around $54,000.
SeniorScore™ for Johnson City, New York
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Johnson City scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Johnson City scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including United Health Services Hospitals, Inc, Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, and Binghamton Psychiatric Center.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Shepherd Village at Endwell, James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home, and Willow Point Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Championship Course at Heritage Country Club, Ely Park Municipal Golf Course, and Endwell Greens Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including CFJ Park, Recreation Park, and West Endicott Park.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including All Saints National Cath Chrch, First Baptist Church, and St James Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,801, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,264, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,274, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.81%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Johnson City receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Johnson City has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Johnson City has an average population density of 659.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Johnson City have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Johnson City has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.27%.
Johnson City is a small city in Broome County in New York. It is part of the Binghamton metro statistical area. Though the city itself is home to 19,104 people, the encompassing metropolitan area includes a population of 199,208. The senior community currently represents about 30% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Johnson City is 69. The city's median household income is $39,000 ($22,000 on a per capita basis), vs the average of $62,000 for the whole of New York. The median housing price in Johnson City is $133,500, which is significantly lower than the state average of $328,500. The city has an average unemployment rate of around 8.81%.
Johnson City has extreme mean temperatures, with cold winters and mildly warm summers. The city gets average amounts of precipitation each year. In comparison to other American cities, Johnson City has good air quality.