There are 19 assisted living facilities serving Los Alamitos, California. This includes 2 facilities in Los Alamitos and 17 nearby. The mean daily cost of assisted living in California is around $125, with costs ranging between $33 and $300 daily. On a monthly basis, this equates to a mean expense of $3,750, with costs ranging from about $987 up to $9,000. The mean yearly cost is $45,000, which is higher than the national average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Los Alamitos generally range from around $2,500 per month to $8,000 per month, with an average cost of about $3,948 per month. That equates to an annual cost of about $47,370.
SeniorScore™ for Los Alamitos, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Los Alamitos scores significantly higher than the California average of 71.
- Los Alamitos scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Los Alamitos Medical Center, Tri-city Regional Medical Center, and La Palma Intercommunity Hospital.
- There are 658 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alamitos West Health Care Center, Katella Senior Living Community, and Gentle Manor Elderly Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1778 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 129 golf courses in or around the city, including Cypress Golf Club, Destroyer Course at Seal Beach Navy Golf Course, and El Dorado Park Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, and Los Alamitos Traffic Circle.
- There are 469 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Cornerstone Church, and St Hedwig Catholic Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1039 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 58 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 424 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,017, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,408, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,370 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $159,870 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.06%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Los Alamitos receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Los Alamitos has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Los Alamitos has a dense population density of 3,552.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Los Alamitos have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Los Alamitos has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.71%.
Los Alamitos is a small city in the State of California. It is located within Orange County. While the surrounding statistical area is home to 20,301,672 inhabitants, there are 21,751 living within the city itself. The senior community currently makes up approximately 28% of the overall population.
Los Alamitos has a very high SeniorScore™ of 86. The city has a median per capita income of $43,000 and a median household income is $90,000 (the California state average is $52,000). The current unemployment rate is approximately 6.06% and the average housing price is $564,000, which is higher than the state average of $451,500.
Los Alamitos has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers. The city receives ideal amounts of precipitation each year. Los Alamitos has very low water quality ratings, very low air quality ratings, and a low rate of crime in comparison to similarly-sized cities.