There are 17 assisted living facilities serving Madison, Florida. This includes 4 facilities in Madison and 13 nearby. The median cost per day for assisted living in Florida is around $100, with costs running between $28 and $264 daily. On a per month basis, this equates to a median cost of $3,000, with costs ranging from about $850 up to $7,920. The median annual cost is $36,000, which is under the national average of $42,000.
Costs of assisted living in Madison range between $1,800 per month and $6,100 per month. The median cost is about $4,075 per month, or about $48,900 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for Madison, Florida
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Madison scores significantly lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Madison scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Madison County Mem Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lake Park of Madison, Madison Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Hughey Memorial Personal Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Madison Country Club, Kinderlou Forest Golf Club, and Francis Lake Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Four Freedoms Park, Ladell Brothers Outdoor Environmental Center, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Madison, Florida - JellystoneFL.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Shiloh Missionary Baptist Chr).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,613, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,678, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,736, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,450 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.25%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Madison receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Madison has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Madison has a very sparse population density of 50.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Madison have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Madison has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.77%.
Madison is a small city in Madison County in Florida. While the city contains 11,808 inhabitants, the surrounding area has a total population of 765,362. The senior community currently constitutes approximately 27% of the total population.
Madison has a medium SeniorScore™ of 63. The city has a mean per capita income of $15,000 and a mean household income is $35,000 (the Florida state average is $40,000). The mean home price in Madison is $63,000, which is significantly lower than the state average of $208,500. The city also has a high unemployment rate of approximately 10.25%.
Madison has ideal average temperatures, with very mild winters and very balmy summers. The city gets very heavy amounts of rain each year. In comparison to other American cities, Madison has a very high crime rate and better than average air quality ratings.