Assisted Living in New Gloucester, Maine
There are 0 assisted living facilities in New Gloucester, Maine. Assisted living costs in Maine range from around $107 to $268 daily, with a median expenditure running around $165. The per month expense averages roughly $4,950 and ranges between $3,200 and $8,040. On an annual basis, the mean cost is about $59,400, which is above the national average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in New Gloucester, ME generally ranges from around $4,800 per month up to $6,897 per month. The average cost is around $5,508 per month, or around $66,096 annually.
SeniorScore™ for New Gloucester, Maine
- New Gloucester scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- New Gloucester scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Central Maine Medical Center and St Marys Regional Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clover Health Care, Odd Fellows and Rebekahs' Home of Maine, and Continuum Health Services.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Fairlawn Golf Club, Links at Poland Spring, The, and Summit Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Maine Wildlife Park, Range Ponds State Park, and Bradbury Mountain State Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including First Congregational Church, New Gloucester Bible Church, and Eastgate Christian Fellowship.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,602, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,518, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,370, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.22%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Gloucester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- New Gloucester has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- New Gloucester has a sparse population density of 117.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Gloucester have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- New Gloucester has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.33%.
New Gloucester is a small city in the State of Maine. It is located within Cumberland County and is part of the Portland-South Portland-Biddeford metropolitan statistical area. The city has a total population of 5,542, with 431,997 residents in the encompassing statistical area. Residents who are over 55 compose 22% of the total community.
New Gloucester has a medium SeniorScore™ of 67. The city's mean household income is $66,000 ($25,000 per capita), compared to an average of $47,000 for the entire state of Maine. The mean housing price in New Gloucester is $328,500, which is relatively higher than the state average of $253,500. New Gloucester has a moderate unemployment rate of roughly 8.22%.
New Gloucester has extreme mean temperatures, with cold winters and calm summers. The city gets large levels of precipitation annually. New Gloucester has moderate air quality ratings in comparison to similarly-sized cities.