There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Rockville, Indiana. This includes 2 facilities in Rockville and 18 nearby. The costs per day for assisted living in Indiana range from $37 to $274, with an average expenditure running about $124. The monthly cost averages around $3,724 and ranges between $1,095 and $8,220. On a yearly basis, the average cost is around $44,685, which is above the national average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Rockville, Indiana
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Rockville scores significantly lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Rockville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lee Alan Bryant Health Care Facility, Comfort Keepers of Rockville MD, and Rockville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Parke County Golf Course, Coon Lake Golf Course, and Turkey Run Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rockville Lake Park, Raccoon Lake State Recreation Area, and Running T Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Aioi Camps and Carbon Baptist Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,416, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,899, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,616, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Rockville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rockville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Rockville has a very sparse population density of 52.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rockville have an average daily commute time.
- Rockville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.16%.
Located within Parke County, Rockville is a small city in the State of Indiana. Though the city has 8,890 residents, the surrounding metro area contains a total population of 1,151,549. The 55+ community constitutes around 29% of the overall population.
Rockville has an average SeniorScore™ of 60. The city has a median per capita income of $20,000. The average household income is $39,000 vs the average of $49,000 for the entire state of Indiana. The current unemployment rate is about 9.34% and the average home price is $153,000, which is relatively less than the state average of $163,500.
Rockville has tolerable average temperatures, with tolerable winters and mildly warm summers. The area receives high amounts of rain annually. Rockville has very poor air quality ratings when compared to other cities.