There are 2 assisted living facilities in Twin Lake, Michigan. The daily costs of assisted living in Michigan range from $25 to $262, with a mean cost running approximately $107. The per month expense averages about $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On an annual basis, the median cost is about $38,400, which is below the US average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Twin Lake, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Twin Lake scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Twin Lake scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Health Partners, Hackley Campus and Mercy Health Partners, Mercy Campus).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chestnut Fields Retirement Community, Hillcrest Nursing and Rehabilitation Community, and Northcrest Living Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Chase Hammond Golf Course, Lincoln Golf Club, and Eagle Island Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lake Sch-Nepp-A-Ho, Dog Star Ranch, and Wolf Lake Resort & Campground.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Holton Free Methodist Church, Holton United Methodist Church, and Holton Lutheran Church-Els.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,477, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,745, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,778, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,185 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $24,193 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,489 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.32%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Twin Lake receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Twin Lake has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Twin Lake has a sparse population density of 137.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Twin Lake have an average daily commute time.
- Twin Lake has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.38%.
Twin Lake is a small city in Michigan. It is located within Muskegon County and is included in the Muskegon-Norton Shores metro statistical area. While the encompassing metropolitan area includes 133,609 residents, there are 10,565 residing within the city itself. The 55-and-over community constitutes around 23% of the overall population.
Twin Lake has a good SeniorScore™ of 74. The city has a median per capita income of $23,000. The median household income is $50,000 compared to the average of $46,000 for the state of Michigan. The current unemployment rate is around 12.32% and the median housing price is $174,000, which is somewhat lower than the Michigan average of $177,000.
Twin Lake has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers. The city gets low levels of precipitation each year. In relation to similarly-sized cities, Twin Lake has low air quality.