There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Vassalboro, Maine. This includes 2 facilities in Vassalboro and 18 nearby. The average cost per day for assisted living in Maine is about $165, with costs running between $107 and $268 per day. On a per month basis, this equates to an average expenditure of $4,950, with costs ranging from around $3,200 to $8,040. The average yearly cost is $59,400, which is higher than the US average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Vassalboro, Maine
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Vassalboro scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Vassalboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Volmer Country Living Center, Gables Manor, and Witham's Residential Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, Waterville Country Club, and Western View Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Green Valley Campground, Fort Halifax Park, and Calumet Playground.
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including Vassalboro United Mthdst Chr, Cornerstone Christian Fellow, and Vassalboro Full Gospel Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,041, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,906, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,636, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Vassalboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Vassalboro has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Vassalboro has a very sparse population density of 95.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vassalboro have a long daily commute time.
- Vassalboro has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.98%.
Vassalboro is a small city in Kennebec County within the State of Maine. It has a population of just 4,215, with 416,557 inhabitants in the encompassing area. The senior community currently composes 30% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Vassalboro is 78. The city's median household income is $50,000 ($26,000 per person), compared to the average of $47,000 for the whole of Maine. The median home price in Vassalboro is $240,000, which is lower than the Maine average of $253,500. Vassalboro also has a high unemployment rate of roughly 9.33%.
Vassalboro has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers. The area receives average levels of rainfall each year. Vassalboro has better than average air quality in comparison to other cities in the United States.