Assisted Living in Woodstock, New York
There are 0 assisted living facilities in Woodstock, New York. Assisted living costs in New York range from around $41 up to $347 per day, with a median expense running around $123. The per month expense averages about $3,684 and ranges between $1,217 and $10,413. On an annual basis, the median cost is around $44,205, which is above the national average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Woodstock, NY generally range from around $1,900 per month to $3,820 per month, with an average cost of around $3,750 per month. That equates to a yearly cost of about $45,000.
SeniorScore™ for Woodstock, New York
- Woodstock scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Woodstock scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kingston Hospital and Benedictine Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ten Broeck Commons, Northeast Center For Rehabilitation and Brain Injury, and Saugerties Public Housing Agency.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodstock Golf Club, Katsbaan Golf Club, and Wiltwyck Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Opus 40, Saugerties / Woodstock KOA, and Kenneth L. Wilson Campground.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Gates Robert F, King\'s Fire Intl, and Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $97,695, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,908, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,008, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.63%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woodstock receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Woodstock has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Woodstock has a sparse population density of 222.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woodstock have a long daily commute time.
- Woodstock has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.58%.
Woodstock is a small municipality in New York. It is located within Ulster County and is part of the Kingston metropolitan area. While the city itself contains just 4,851 people, the surrounding metropolitan area includes a total population of 138,328. People who are over the age of 55 comprise around 46% of the community.
Woodstock has an above average SeniorScore™ of 79. The city has a mean per capita income of $44,000 and a mean household income is $63,000 (the New York state average is $62,000). The average housing price in Woodstock is $453,000, which is higher than the state average of $328,500. The city also has an average unemployment rate of around 8.63%.
Woodstock has harsh mean temperatures, with moderate winters and calm summers. The area gets heavy amounts of precipitation each year. In comparison to other cities, Woodstock has good air quality.