SeniorAdvice.com Fall 2017 Senior Volunteer Scholarship
The?SeniorAdvice.com Volunteer?Scholarship winner for Fall 2017 has been chosen. Loren Thomson,?who is attending Texas State University, will receive a $1,000 for his volunteer experience.
Loren?has been a volunteer at a home for senior citizens. ?He would sit and keep the residents company and play games with them. ?He has learned that helping people who may be different from you with no materialistic reward gives you a positive feeling. ?He learned from one of the residents that you should not get too wrapped up in the present and to not worry about the small things in life.
Loren is studying business marketing and wants to own his own business one day. ?He believes that owning his own business and being an entrepreneur will allow him to focus on helping people in need. ?With his scholarship, he will be able to work less so that he can volunteer more (and concentrate more on his homework.)
See Loren?s full scholarship submission video below.
- Lori Thomas has decades of experience as a caregiver. Her writing for SeniorAdvice.com is informed by years of research as well as hands-on family experience caring for her now late mother, who had chronic health issues for most of her life. Lori is an integral part of the SeniorAdvice.com management team, acting as Vice President of Marketing and Chief Editor.
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingYour Guide to Long-Distance Grandparenting
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingHome Design Tips for People Struggling With Sight
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingSpring Cleaning Tips for Seniors
- 2020.02.20General Senior Living16 Great Exercises Seniors Can Do Outside This Spring