SeniorAdvice.com Senior Caregiver Spring 2020 Scholarship Winner
We are honored to have chosen Brynn Browning as the SeniorAdvice.com Senior Caregiver Scholarship Winner for Spring 2020. Brynn has been helping care for her father, who was diagnosed with ALS, since 2017. She worked three jobs while in college and also came home on weekends to help her Dad. Since graduating from college, she’s taken on an even more supportive role for her father.
The situation has helped her learn the value of resilience. There are people that depend on Brynn and she knows if she’s knocked down, nothing will keep her there. Helping her father daily is a driving force in her life, not a weight on her shoulders. Her Dad has taught her to laugh at herself and others, not take herself so seriously, and to take time to relax. Everyone is nicer when they relax!
In the Spring of 2020, Brynn will be taking online courses through the University of Virginia to receive her Master’s degree in Materials Science Engineering. She wants to protect life on this planet by going into biodegradable and sustainable plastics. She even created her own biodegradable plastic!
- Lori Thomas has decades of experience as a caregiver. Her writing for SeniorAdvice.com is informed by years of research as well as hands-on family experience caring for her now late mother, who had chronic health issues for most of her life. Lori is an integral part of the SeniorAdvice.com management team, acting as Vice President of Marketing and Chief Editor.
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingYour Guide to Long-Distance Grandparenting
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingHome Design Tips for People Struggling With Sight
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingSpring Cleaning Tips for Seniors
- 2020.02.20General Senior Living16 Great Exercises Seniors Can Do Outside This Spring