SeniorAdvice.com Spring 2017 Senior Caregiver Scholarship Winner Announced
The SeniorAdvice.com Caregiver Scholarship winner for Spring 2017 has been chosen. Jennifer McCullough, who is attending St. Charles Community College, will receive a $1,000 for her caregiving experience.
Jennifer was a caregiver for her mother who had dementia. While her mother was alive, Jennifer helped her with basically everything that you could imagine, from balancing her check book to taking her to doctor appointments. As her disease progressed, Jennifer’s mom used to think that people didn’t love her anymore because her personality changed. However, Jennifer would assure her mom that she still loved her even though she had dementia. She describes her mom as “the most wonderful woman on the entire planet.”
Jennifer learned a lot about her mom’s disease and in turn was inspired to take the steps to go back to school in the medical field. As a later in life student, Jennifer is now going back to college and studying nursing so that she can help others and make her mother proud.
See Jennifer’s full scholarship submission video below.
- Lori Thomas has decades of experience as a caregiver. Her writing for SeniorAdvice.com is informed by years of research as well as hands-on family experience caring for her now late mother, who had chronic health issues for most of her life. Lori is an integral part of the SeniorAdvice.com management team, acting as Vice President of Marketing and Chief Editor.
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingYour Guide to Long-Distance Grandparenting
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingHome Design Tips for People Struggling With Sight
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingSpring Cleaning Tips for Seniors
- 2020.02.20General Senior Living16 Great Exercises Seniors Can Do Outside This Spring