Spring Cleaning Tips for Seniors
Spring is (finally) right around the corner, which for many people means it is time for spring cleaning. If you have a senior loved one in your life that is ready for some spring cleaning, then this can be a great opportunity for them to clear out some clutter, reorganize their lives and start fresh with this new season. If you and your senior loved one are ready to start cleaning, keep these important tips in mind to make sure the entire process goes smoothly for everyone involved.
- Make a Plan- Spring cleaning can be a big undertaking, and it can be rather overwhelming not only for seniors but for everyone involved. This is why it is so important that you make a plan for what you are going to accomplish and break up your responsibilities over several days. A good checklist can be a great guide to helping you make sure you get everything done and that you aren’t trying to take on too much at once.
- Make it a Family Affair- Get the whole family involved in your spring cleaning venture. This will not only make the entire process easier (after all spring cleaning with just two people can be difficult) but it can also make it fun. It is a great excuse to get all your loved ones together.
- Give Your Loved One a Job- There may be certain cleaning tasks, such as heavy lifting, that your loved one simply cannot do. However, this doesn’t mean that they have to sit on the sidelines for everything. Make a list of tasks that your loved one can be in charge of such as organizing clothes or sorting through old books so they are staying involved in the process.
- Make Sure You Cover All of the Bases- Most people now about some of the biggest spring cleaning tasks such as cleaning out the basement or sweeping the garage, but there are other tasks that you will want to take on as well. This can include going through the medicine cabinet, clearing out potential fall hazards, checking all the light bulbs and replacing air filters. These are all things that won’t only make the home cleaner and more comfortable but safer as well.
- Make It About Your Love One’s Health As Well- Spring cleaning is a great excuse to get the home in order, but it is also a great time to get your loved one’s health in order to. There is no better time to make sure your loved one is up-to-date on everything from their annual exams to their dental appointments so you can rest assured that their health is being covered.
Feeling motivated? We thought you may be. With spring so close, there is no better time to start planning for some heavy duty cleaning responsibilities so your loved one can enjoy a clean and clutter-free spring.