Helpful Idea for an Activity for Someone with Dementia
If you are a caregiver for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s, it can be difficult to come up with useful activities for your patient or family member with the disease. mmLearn.org offers real-life, quality caregiver training to anyone seeking practical ways to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of older adults in their care.
Below is a link to one of their videos, which talks about how to use tupperware for patients with dementia. This activity can help the patient exercise their mind and body, as well as spark memories from their past.
- Lori Thomas has decades of experience as a caregiver. Her writing for SeniorAdvice.com is informed by years of research as well as hands-on family experience caring for her now late mother, who had chronic health issues for most of her life. Lori is an integral part of the SeniorAdvice.com management team, acting as Vice President of Marketing and Chief Editor.
- 2020.01.16General Senior LivingSeniorAdvice.com Senior Caregiver Spring 2020 Scholarship Winner
- 2020.01.15General Senior LivingThe Senior Guide to “Weathering” the Storm This Winter
- 2020.01.09General Senior LivingSpending Super Bowl Sunday With Your Senior Loved One
- 2020.01.03General Senior LivingSeniorAdvice.com Community Involvement