Are the owner of this business? Claim this listing to manage your profile.
Pricing for Elmhurst Extended Care Center
|Nursing Care||$9,254* (click below for pricing info)|
|Memory Care||$9,732* (click below for pricing info)|
* All cost estimates are based on general costs for providers in this local area. Please confirm pricing with each provider directly before making a decision.
Elmhurst Extended Care Center Cost Comparisons
Reviews of Elmhurst Extended Care Center
by Sarah 01/24/2019
1. NEGLECTFUL- they shower their residents once every two weeks, residents wait for diaper changes for hours. The entire facility reeks of urine and fecal matter. Very understaffed. 2. PREDATORY- management is unhelpful when it comes to insurance and payment matters. Social worker refuses to aid with medicaid applications. Contracts are predatory and attempt to make loved ones liable for payments. 3. DEMEANING- aids are demeaning and berate patients. 4. HORRIBLE- rooms have 3 patients per room with one TV between them all. Dementia and alzheimer's patients are in the same room as lucid patients. 5. DISGUSTING- viruses spread through the facility, nurses and aids are coughing and sneezing next to residents. 6. INEDIBLE FOOD- one CNA said to residents face "I wouldn't feed this food to my dog." Resident lost 20 lbs in one month's stay due to disgusting food. Diabetic diet is not adhered, feeding diabetic residents high sugar and carb diets. 7. RESIDENT IN PAIN- resident's pain medication was changed by doctor upon arrival to way below what resident was on previously. Took 3 weeks and multiple follow-ups with staff to get doctor to revaluate prescription. Nurses all attested they thought the dosage was an odd one and way too low for his pain but did not think to follow up with doctor.
My father just was a resident at the facility. The personal attention, and the positive attitude of the workers make this facility above the rest. Over the...
Read more on Yelp!
I too saw the review by Amber A. She must be reviewing a nursing home other than the one my mother was a resident of, for 3-1/2 years until her death in...
Read more on Yelp!
Whatever you do, do not take your relatives to Elmhurst Extended Care on Lake St in Elmhurst, IL. We have been here once before and had a horrible...
Read more on Yelp!
by didamico 03/17/2009
The best in the State. The care is outstanding and the personnel kind and caring. Mom is happy and I have peace of mind knowing she is so well cared for - Dianne
About Elmhurst Extended Care Center
Located within Elmhurst, Illinois, Elmhurst Extended Care Center is a 39 unit housing facility for eldery individuals. They offer senior housing in a well-maintained and pleasing environment. The neighborhood this community is located in is a generally upper class area, with an average per-home income of $87,216. It is heavily populated, including roughly 46,371 residents in the zip code of 60126. This facility is centrally located, with retail shopping, healthcare facilities, and religious services all within a close distance. There are 33 drug stores within 1 mile of the community. They are only 0.7 miles from Elmhurst Memorial Hospital. There are also 60 churches within four miles, including Immanuel Lutheran Church, Baha'L Faith Downers Grove, Elmhurst Korean Presbyterian, and Immaculate Conception Church.More About Elmhurst Extended Care Center
Services and Amenities
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
- Education Programs
- Social Activities
- Dialysis Care
- Stroke Care
- Speech Therapy
- Cardiac Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Personal Care Assistance
Guest / Family Services
- Family Outreach / Education
- 24-Hour Staff
- 39 Total Units
- 39 Total Beds in the Facility
- 26 Current Occupants
- Certified by Medicare and Medicaid
- Medicare Participant Since 01/10/1967
- Offers Resident/Family Counciling
Complaints and Deficiences
- 4 Total Deficiencies Reported
- 4 Health Standard Deficiencies
- 0 Health Complaint Deficiencies
- 0 Total Incidents Reported
- 0 Total Complaints Reported
- 0 Total Fines Imposed
- $0 in Fines Imposed
- 0 Payment Denials
- 0 Penalties Imposed