Senior Living in 01001 (Agawam, MA)
- 01001 scores the same as the Agawam, MA average of 82.
- 01001 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01001 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Baystate Medical Center, Park View Specialty Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Quail Run Estates, The Atrium at Cardinal Drive, and Heritage Hall South.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 134 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including St. Anne Country Club, Crestview Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Springfield Armory)..
- There are 91 churches nearby, including Bethany Assembly of God, First Baptist Church-Agawam, and All Saints Parish.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,805, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,453, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,931, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01001 has an average population density of 1,465.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.20%.