Senior Living in 01002 (Amherst, MA)
- 01002 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the highest of any zip code in Amherst, MA.
- 01002 scores higher than the Amherst, MA average of 62.
- 01002 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01002 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (University Health Services).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Center For Extended Care at Amherst, Elaine Center at Hadley, and The Loomis Communities - Applewood Retirement Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Amherst Golf Club, Hickory Ridge Country Club, and Cherry Hill Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Haigis Mall and Mount Holyoke Range State Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Hope Timothy L PhD LLC, Immanuel Lutheran Church, and Jewish Community of Amherst.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,536, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,395, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,110, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01002 has an average population density of 527.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.21%.