Senior Living in 01007 (Belchertown, MA)
- 01007 scores the same as the Belchertown, MA average of 79.
- 01007 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01007 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma, and Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including The Loomis Communities - Applewood Retirement Living, Keystone Commons, and Wingate at South Hadley .
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Mill Valley Country Club, Westover Golf Club, and Ludlow Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Mount Holyoke Range State Park, Camp Ramah in New England, and J. A. Skinner State Park.
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Congregational Church, Hope United Methodist Church, and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,519, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,502, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,898, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01007 has a sparse population density of 278.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.83%.