Senior Living in 01008 (Blandford, MA)
- 01008 scores the same as the Blandford, MA average of 76.
- 01008 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01008 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Noble Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Liberty Manor Westfield, Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, and Armbrook Village Westfield.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Blandford Club, The, Shaker Farms Country Club, and East Mountain Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Tolland State Forest, Gardner State Park, and Sandisfield State Forest.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Russell Community Church, United Church of Christ-first, and St Thomas Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,364, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,563, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,374, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01008 has a very sparse population density of 23.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.70%.