Senior Living in 01011 (Chester, MA)
- 01011 scores the same as the Chester, MA average of 68.
- 01011 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01011 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake, and Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Worthington Golf Club, Blandford Club, The, and Bas-Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Gardner State Park, October Mountain State Forest, and Tolland State Forest.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ-first, St Thomas Catholic Church, and St George\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,629, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,795, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,671, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.60%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01011 has a very sparse population density of 43.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.96%.