Senior Living in 01012 (Chesterfield, MA)
- 01012 scores the same as the Chesterfield, MA average of 83.
- 01012 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01012 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Highview of Northampton, Elder Care Access, and Linda Manor Assisted Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Worthington Golf Club, Beaver Brook Golf Club, and Pine Grove Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including DAR State Forest, Gardner State Park, and Look Memorial Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Thomas Catholic Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,708, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,821, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,674, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01012 has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.40%.