Senior Living in 01013 (Chicopee, MA)
- 01013 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Chicopee, MA.
- 01013 scores significantly lower than the Chicopee, MA average of 77.
- 01013 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01013 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals For Child, and Baystate Medical Center.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Willimansett Center East, Willimansett Center West, and Beaven Kelly Home.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Chicopee Country Club, Springfield Country Club, and Wyckoff Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Holyoke Heritage State Park, Wistariahurst Museum, and Chicopee Memorial State Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, Holy Name Church, and Assumption Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,682, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,502, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,433, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.40%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01013 has a dense population density of 4,123.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.37%.