Senior Living in 01020 (Chicopee, MA)
- 01020 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Chicopee, MA.
- 01020 scores the same as the Chicopee, MA average of 77.
- 01020 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01020 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals For Child, and Park View Specialty Hospital.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including Arbors at Chicopee, Birch Manor Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, and Willimansett Center East.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Chicopee Country Club, Holyoke Country Club, and Wyckoff Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Chicopee Memorial State Park, Holyoke Heritage State Park, and Wistariahurst Museum.
- There are 110 churches nearby, including Tabernacle Baptist Church, St Rose De Lima, and First Central Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,429, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,045, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,104, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01020 has a dense population density of 2,379.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.00%.