Senior Living in 01027 (Easthampton, MA)
- 01027 scores the same as the Easthampton, MA average of 74.
- 01027 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01027 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Veterans Affairs Med Center and Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Lathrop Community , Elder Care Access, and Calvin Coolidge Nuring and Rehab Center - Northampton.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Southampton Country Club, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Northampton Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Look Memorial Park, The Botanic Garden of Smith College, and Gardner State Park.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Easthampton Congregational Chr, and Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,141, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,959, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,204, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.32%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01027 has a sparse population density of 436.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.22%.