Senior Living in 01029 (East Otis, MA)
- 01029 scores the same as the East Otis, MA average of 71.
- 01029 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01029 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, and Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Blandford Club, The, Greenock Country Club, and East Mountain Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Tolland State Forest, Sandisfield State Forest, and Tyringham Cobble Park.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ-first, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and St George\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,731, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,068, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,466, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.95%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01029 has a very sparse population density of 49.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.95%.