Senior Living in 01030 (Feeding Hills, MA)
- 01030 scores the same as the Feeding Hills, MA average of 84.
- 01030 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01030 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Baystate Medical Center, Noble Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Renaissance Manor of Westfield, The Atrium at Cardinal Drive, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Country Estates.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 169 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Oak Ridge Golf Club, Agawam Municipal Golf Course, and Crestview Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Springfield Armory)..
- There are 108 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Rectory, St David\'s Episcopal Church, and Valley Community Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,484, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,948, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,332, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.32%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01030 has an average population density of 983.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.82%.