Senior Living in 01031 (Gilbertville, MA)
- 01031 scores the same as the Gilbertville, MA average of 67.
- 01031 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01031 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baystate Mary Lane Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Dunroamin Country Club, Quail Hollow Country Club, and Petersham Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Barre Common District)..
- There are 9 churches nearby, including St Aloysius Church, First Congregational Church, and Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,552, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,639, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,801, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.33%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01031 has a sparse population density of 161.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.70%.