Senior Living in 01033 (Granby, MA)
- 01033 scores the same as the Granby, MA average of 87.
- 01033 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01033 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma, Soldiers\' Home In Holyoke, and Holyoke Medical Center.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Wingate at South Hadley , Keystone Commons, and Emmett Rooney Congregate.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 188 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Westover Golf Club, Orchards, The, and Ledges Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Mount Holyoke Range State Park, Chicopee Memorial State Park, and J. A. Skinner State Park.
- There are 112 churches nearby, including Immaculate Heart of Mary, Church of Christ, and All Saints Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,075, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,771, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,453, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.68%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01033 has a sparse population density of 223.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.11%.