Senior Living in 01035 (Hadley, MA)
- 01035 scores the same as the Hadley, MA average of 82.
- 01035 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01035 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including University Health Services, Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Elaine Center at Hadley, Highland Valley Elder Service, and Center For Extended Care at Amherst.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Northampton Country Club, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Hickory Ridge Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Haigis Mall, J. A. Skinner State Park, and Mount Holyoke Range State Park.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Most Holy Redeemer, North Congregational Church, and Baha\'is of Amherst.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,866, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,313, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,727, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01035 has a sparse population density of 227.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.27%.