Senior Living in 01037 (Hardwick, MA)
- 01037 scores the same as the Hardwick, MA average of 73.
- 01037 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01037 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baystate Mary Lane Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, Quabbin Valley Healthcare, and Providence Cliff Senior Residence.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Dunroamin Country Club, Petersham Country Club, and Quail Hollow Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Barre Common District)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Aloysius Church, First Congregational Church, and Barre Congregational Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $115,362, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $121,815, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,702, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01037 has a very sparse population density of 59.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.54%.