Senior Living in 01040 (Holyoke, MA)
- 01040 scores the same as the Holyoke, MA average of 64.
- 01040 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01040 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Holyoke Medical Center and Soldiers\' Home In Holyoke).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Loomis House Skilled Nursing Care , Sarawood Retirement Home, and Holyoke Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Holyoke Country Club, Wyckoff Country Club, and Ledges Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Wistariahurst Museum, Holyoke Heritage State Park, and Mount Tom State Reservation.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Apostolic Christian Church, and Mountain View Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,090, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,915, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,370, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.45%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01040 has a dense population density of 1,874.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.35%.