Senior Living in 01053 (Leeds, MA)
- 01053 scores the same as the Leeds, MA average of 82.
- 01053 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01053 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Veterans Affairs Med Center and Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Elder Care Access, Linda Manor Assisted Living, and Linda Manor Extended Care Facility.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (45% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Northampton Country Club, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Beaver Brook Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Look Memorial Park, The Botanic Garden of Smith College, and Mount Tom State Reservation.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Christ United Methodist Church, College Church, and Florence Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,105, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,435, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,175, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.83%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01053 has a sparse population density of 328.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.90%.