Senior Living in 01057 (Monson, MA)
- 01057 scores the same as the Monson, MA average of 78.
- 01057 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01057 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center, Johnson Memorial Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Palmer Healthcare Center, ICMA Retirement Corporation, and Wingate at Hampden Rehabilitative and Skilled Nursing Residence.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Quaboag Country Club, Hampden Country Club, and Country Club of Wilbraham.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Camp Ramah in New England and Nipmuck State Forest).
- There are 43 churches nearby, including First Church of Monson, St Patricks Church, and Federated Community Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,315, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,786, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,417, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01057 has a sparse population density of 190.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.00%.