Senior Living in 01060 (Northampton, MA)
- 01060 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Northampton, MA.
- 01060 scores higher than the Northampton, MA average of 70.
- 01060 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01060 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Lathrop Home, Northampton Nursing Home, and Calvin Coolidge Nuring and Rehab Center - Northampton.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Northampton Country Club, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Ledges Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including The Botanic Garden of Smith College, J. A. Skinner State Park, and Look Memorial Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including First Churches ABC, Blessed Sacrament Church, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,109, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,335, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,875, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01060 has an average population density of 1,399.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.09%.