Senior Living in 01063 (Northampton, MA)
- 01063 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Northampton, MA.
- 01063 scores lower than the Northampton, MA average of 70.
- 01063 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01063 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Lathrop Home, Calvin Coolidge Nuring and Rehab Center - Northampton, and Northampton Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Pine Grove Golf Course, Northampton Country Club, and Ledges Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (The Botanic Garden of Smith College)..
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Florence Congregational Church, Annunciation Rectory, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has a per capita income of $2,520, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01063 has a very dense population density of 11,025.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.