Senior Living in 01069 (Palmer, MA)
- 01069 scores the same as the Palmer, MA average of 69.
- 01069 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01069 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center, Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Palmer Healthcare Center, Wingate at Wilbraham , and Life Care Center of Wilbraham.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Quaboag Country Club, Country Club of Wilbraham, and Ludlow Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Camp Ramah in New England)..
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Second Congregational Church, St Thomas Parish Ctr, and Apostolate of Suffering.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,554, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,957, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,735, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.76%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01069 has a sparse population density of 301.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.05%.