Senior Living in 01070 (Plainfield, MA)
- 01070 scores the same as the Plainfield, MA average of 70.
- 01070 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01070 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Association For Community Living, Craneville Place of Dalton, and Sugar Hill Senior Living Community.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Worthington Golf Club, Bas-Ridge Golf Course, and Edge Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Windsor State Forest, Savoy Mountain State Forest, and DAR State Forest.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Federated Church of Charlemont, Trinity Church, and 1St Congregational.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,433, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,875, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,567, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.52%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01070 has a very sparse population density of 30.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.89%.