Senior Living in 01071 (Russell, MA)
- 01071 scores the same as the Russell, MA average of 77.
- 01071 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01071 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Noble Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Liberty Manor Westfield, Arbors at Westfield, and Governor\'s Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Blandford Club, The, East Mountain Country Club, and Shaker Farms Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gardner State Park and Tolland State Forest).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Russell Community Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Joseph Catholic Church-Rec.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,280, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,592, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,876, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.19%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01071 has a sparse population density of 102.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.81%.