Senior Living in 01072 (Shutesbury, MA)
- 01072 scores the same as the Shutesbury, MA average of 81.
- 01072 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01072 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (University Health Services).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including New England Health Center, Center For Extended Care at Amherst, and Elaine Center at Hadley.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Cherry Hill Golf Course, Amherst Golf Club, and Hickory Ridge Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Lake Wyola State Park, Haigis Mall, and Wendell State Forest.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, Immanuel Lutheran Church, and Jewish Community of Amherst.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,930, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,398, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,450, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.92%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01072 has a very sparse population density of 73.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.51%.