Senior Living in 01075 (South Hadley, MA)
- 01075 scores the same as the South Hadley, MA average of 82.
- 01075 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01075 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Holyoke Medical Center, Soldiers\' Home In Holyoke, and Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Wingate at South Hadley , Loomis Village, and Sarawood Retirement Home.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Orchards, The, Ledges Municipal Golf Course, and Westover Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mount Tom State Reservation, J. A. Skinner State Park, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 55 churches nearby, including All Saints Episcopal Church, St Theresa\'s Church Rectory, and Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,861, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,329, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,061, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01075 has an average population density of 989.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.29%.