Senior Living in 01082 (Ware, MA)
- 01082 scores the same as the Ware, MA average of 67.
- 01082 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01082 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, Palmer Healthcare Center, and Wingate at Wilbraham .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Dunroamin Country Club, Mill Valley Country Club, and Hickory Ridge Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Camp Ramah in New England)..
- There are 15 churches nearby, including All Saints Rectory, Agape Community, and United Church of Ware.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,099, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,732, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,373, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.08%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01082 has a sparse population density of 223.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.34%.