Senior Living in 01085 (Westfield, MA)
- 01085 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Westfield, MA.
- 01085 scores higher than the Westfield, MA average of 68.
- 01085 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01085 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Noble Hospital, Holyoke Medical Center, and Soldiers\' Home In Holyoke.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Liberty Manor Westfield, Armbrook Village Westfield, and Arbors at Westfield.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Tekoa Country Club, East Mountain Country Club, and Shaker Farms Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Church of the Atonement, St Joseph Catholic Church-Rec, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,038, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,042, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,618, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01085 has an average population density of 686.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.43%.