Senior Living in 01089 (West Springfield, MA)
- 01089 scores the same as the West Springfield, MA average of 75.
- 01089 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01089 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Baystate Medical Center, Mercy Medical Center, and Shriners Hospitals For Child.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including The Landmark at Monastery Heights, Wingate at West Springfield Rehab & Skill Nursing Residential, and Gandara Miracle House.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 184 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Springfield Country Club, Agawam Municipal Golf Course, and Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Springfield Armory, Wistariahurst Museum, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 109 churches nearby, including Smith Robert P, Grace Lutheran Church, and Immaculate Conception Parish.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,535, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,251, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,946, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.71%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01089 has a dense population density of 1,698.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.10%.