Senior Living in 01093 (Whately, MA)
- 01093 scores the same as the Whately, MA average of 92.
- 01093 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01093 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, University Health Services, and Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including New England Health Center, Highland Valley Elder Service, and Association Community Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Beaver Brook Golf Club, Northampton Country Club, and Pine Grove Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation, Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory, and Look Memorial Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including First Church of Deerfield, Holy Name of Jesus, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,921, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,417, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,819, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01093 has a very sparse population density of 64.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.05%.