Senior Living in 01097 (Woronoco, MA)
- 01097 scores the same as the Woronoco, MA average of 81.
- 01097 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01097 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Noble Hospital, Holyoke Medical Center, and Soldiers\' Home In Holyoke.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Liberty Manor Westfield, Arbors at Westfield, and Armbrook Village Westfield.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (11% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Tekoa Country Club, Shaker Farms Country Club, and East Mountain Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Gardner State Park, Tolland State Forest, and Wistariahurst Museum.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Russell Community Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Church of the Atonement.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,687, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,125, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,602, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 33.33%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01097 has a very sparse population density of 65.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.