Senior Living in 01105 (Springfield, MA)
- 01105 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 10th highest of any zip code in Springfield, MA.
- 01105 scores significantly lower than the Springfield, MA average of 70.
- 01105 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01105 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Park View Specialty Hospital and Baystate Medical Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Saint Lukes Home, Massachusetts Teachers\' Retirement System, and Chapin Center.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Franconia Golf Course, Crestview Country Club, and St. Anne Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Springfield Armory)..
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Iglesia Bautista Hispana, and Holiness Church of God Seventh.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $27,190, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $18,064, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,633, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.52%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01105 has a very dense population density of 9,935.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.29%.