Senior Living in 01119 (Springfield, MA)
- 01119 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Springfield, MA.
- 01119 scores higher than the Springfield, MA average of 70.
- 01119 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01119 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Park View Specialty Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, and Shriners Hospitals For Child.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including The Gardens at Keystone Woods, Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, and Vibra Hospital Of Western Massachusetts.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Veterans Memorial Golf Course, Franconia Golf Course, and Country Club of Wilbraham.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Springfield Armory and Chicopee Memorial State Park).
- There are 100 churches nearby, including Evangelical Covenant Church, Church in the Acres Baptist, and Foster Memorial Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,465, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,855, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,674, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.75%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01119 has a dense population density of 3,986.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.38%.