Senior Living in 01129 (Springfield, MA)
- 01129 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Springfield, MA.
- 01129 scores significantly higher than the Springfield, MA average of 70.
- 01129 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01129 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Park View Specialty Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, and Shriners Hospitals For Child.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including The Gardens at Keystone Woods, Wingate at Springfield , and Emeritus at East Longmeadow.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Veterans Memorial Golf Course, Country Club of Wilbraham, and Pine Knoll Executive Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Springfield Armory and Chicopee Memorial State Park).
- There are 93 churches nearby, including Bruce O Breuer, St Catherine of Siena Parish, and Foster Memorial Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,673, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,053, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,105, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.12%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01129 has a dense population density of 2,049.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.87%.