Senior Living in 01151 (Indian Orchard, MA)
- 01151 scores the same as the Indian Orchard, MA average of 74.
- 01151 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01151 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals For Child, and Park View Specialty Hospital.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including Emmett Rooney Congregate, Birch Manor Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, and The Gardens at Keystone Woods.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Veterans Memorial Golf Course, Chicopee Country Club, and Ludlow Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Chicopee Memorial State Park and Springfield Armory).
- There are 94 churches nearby, including St Jude Rectory, Church in the Acres Baptist, and Evangelical Covenant Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,162, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,518, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,504, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.47%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01151 has a dense population density of 3,673.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.90%.